Index Energy is looking for Third Class Stationary Engineers to operate our co-generation plant with 2 wood fired combustors, boilers and 3 steam turbines with all auxiliary equipment. The plant is running on a 24 /7 day shift with 12 hour shifts. We are looking for a qualified third class stationary engineers with knowledge about applicable codes and standards including T.S.S.A. reg. 219-01 operating engineer and all applicable company procedures (endorsement of P.P.E. and OSHE).
- Assist responsible shift engineer in operating equipment safely in order to achieve reliability, quality and output targets
- Perform maintenance duties which includes inspecting, testing and/or repair on equipment and systems to ensure safe and reliable targets
- Identify and troubleshoot adverse operating and initiate appropriate corrective actions.
- Flexible, independent and problem solving mind set
- Excellent communication and reporting skills
- Safety awareness
- Good physical condition
- Qualification as a third class stationary or operating engineer in the province of Ontario
- Knowledge of and experience with solid fuel burning combustors
- Knowledge of and experience with continuous emission control and other environmental requirements
- Operating Engineer: 1 year -Third Class Operating or Stationary Engineer Certificate issued by TSSA
- The ideal candidate will have an operating certificate with one of millwright, electrician or instrumentation certificates.
- Attractive working environment
- Solid future
- Competitive wages and benefits and RRSPs
- Job Type: Full-time